Sunday, October 19, 2008

Separated At Birth?

Edited later to add: I KNOW this is totally silly and has nothing to do with issues or whatever, but when I first saw this picture, just before laughing really REALLY hard, I thought of Mister Burns from the Simpsons! It's OK Dave Bones, I haven't gone crazy yet. It's all in good fun. I should have framed it more good-naturedly to begin with. I'm smiling, really I am. You just can't see it from across the pond! (Do Brits call it "the pond" too?) Yes, they really are going ballistic at Sparkle's. I really think there are no lines any more. Whether they admit it or not, McCain's campaign has crossed lines of mud-slinging that have not been crossed before in presidential politics. Anyway, I am pulling back a bit from there. They are scared and there is too much free-floating anger. I'm already anxious enough about this election. I'm just waiting for something insane to happen to somehow save them as it is. I don't need more stress.

6 comments:

DAVE BONES said...

Hey! that's enough now. I'm trying to get used to the fact that everyone is going into orbit about Obama over you know where. Don't you start.

Erik Grow said...

I edited my post to better explain it. Don't be alarmed. I haven't completely taken leave of my senses! I'm not uhhh... "daft" as you Brits like to say, right?

DAVE BONES said...

Ha ha ha They can pass all the kidney stones they like it wont make any difference.

DAVE BONES said...

I was joking anyway obviously my humour doesn't translate into American..

Erik Grow said...

Oh yeah, I get that. Americans are notoriously poor at understanding British humor though. Monty Python was something I didn't fully understand when I first saw it. I was like, "why is this even funny?", but then after watching it a couple times I figured it out!

DAVE BONES said...

you figured it out? You must explain it to me sometime :-)